Dennis Jones Bio
Sizzling hot guitar solos. Smooth and soulful vocals. High-energy stage performance. Backed by a rhythm section that is second to none, this IS Dennis Jones. Check out a live show, and you’ll instantly agree, Dennis Jones’s band ROCKS the blues like NO other!
With original songs, some of which are sure to become classics, Dennis’s feet are firmly rooted in the past, yet his heart and soul are connected to the present. He writes songs that seamlessly blend the best of both worlds, presenting a unique and contemporary style of American rock and blues. And unlike some others, he isn’t afraid to tackle the controversial issues of today. Dennis also writes songs for other notable artists, e.g. he wrote the song Temporary Man for Guitar Shorty’s 2010 Alligator release, Bare Knuckle.
Since 2003, Dennis has released four successful albums on his own label, Blue Rock Records. Each and every one of these CDs has met with rave reviews. Many of his songs and CDs have hit the top 10 on the Blues Charts, including when his 3rd CD, Pleasure & Pain, ranked #2 of best blues CD releases of the year, by the Canadian-based, Real Blues Magazine. The newly released CD, My Kinda Blues, features legendary guest musicians, Kenny Neal, and Guitar Shorty.
Dennis is no stranger to film either. Deep Blues from his first CD, Falling Up, was featured in a 2006 Lions Gate movie, Sea of Fear. The title track of Dennis’s 2nd CD, Passion for the Blues, will be in the soon to be released independent film, How We Got Away With It. Finally, Dennis is one of several artists featured in the much-anticipated Babe’s & Ricky’s Inn, a movie about one of the oldest blues clubs in Los Angeles, and its adored owner.
The blues music industry is taking note. In May 2012, Dennis was honored to present the Awards for BB King Entertainer of the Year, to Tab Benoit, and Album of the Year, to the Tedeschi Trucks Band, for Revelator, at the Blues Music Awards in Memphis, Tennessee.
Dennis and his band continue to work hard to achieve the next level of musical success. Increased touring opportunities and greater exposure to new fans will undoubtedly make this band a household name. So if the same old blues has got you down, then it’s time to check out the Dennis Jones Band!
Quick Facts about Dennis Jones…
- Born and raised in Baltimore County, Maryland
- Began playing guitar at age 13
- Influences include Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Albert King
- Lived + played in Europe in his late teens, where his musical tastes further developed
- Front man of Dennis Jones Band since 1996
- Stint with Brian O’Neal and the BusBoys, 2001-2003
- Won the International Blues Competition, Memphis, 2004, as part of Zac Harmon’s band
- Special guest on Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise, Pacific, October 2010
- Produced 2011 DVD release, Live at the Temecula Theater
- Award Presenter at the renowned Blues Music Awards in Memphis, TN, in 2012
- Produced Four Shades of Blue at the New Daisy Theater on Beale St., Memphis, TN, in May 2012, featuring the Dennis Jones Band, Zac Harmon, Eddie Turner, and special guest, Lazy Lester
- Opened for such greats as Johnny Winter, Dick Dale, and the Experience Hendrix Tour
- Plays popular and respected blues festivals around the USA including Doheny, Long Beach, Irvine Lake, Paramount, Northern California, etc.
- Tours of Europe, including Italy, France, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland